THIS LITTLE GOLDFINCH IS HAVING HIMSELF QUITE A SPLASHY BATH
Now, before I get any further into today's post let me just quickly say this. "Will somebody please be kind enough to email me a good swift kick in the ASSparagus if I blog about this 'blogging thing' one more time!!" Thank you in advance:))
PUTTING THE FINAL FEW SPLOOTCHES OF PAINT ON THE UTILITY TRAILER
Over at Deer Park Lodge where Kelly works, people often have a habit of leaving things in the cabins after they check out & go home. Guess one of the kids left his big super soaker water canon there a few days ago so Kelly brought it home for me to play with because she knew it would amuse & keep me busy for a few hours. Well, of course she was right & I found it mighty handy for hunting down pesky varmints in the flower garden. (now you really didn't think I would harm a pesky varmint did you)
COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE
I came across a line on Facebook this morning that jumped off the screen at me because of it's simple logic. 'It's not God I have a problem with...it's his fan club!!' Ohhhhhhhh, ain't that the truth!! (Thanks Red:))
THIS IS WHAT THE UTILITY TRAILER LOOKED LIKE BEFORE
Carol over at CAROL K's JOURNEY has just started using the Picasa Photo Editing program & is already making noticeable improvements to her photos. You might want to drop by & see how she is making good photos......better:)) And, while on the subject of Picasa, stop by RICK'S BLOG & check out his handy use of the Picasa 'Retouch' tool with additional help from the Microsoft Paint program.
A DOWNY WOODPECKER DINES ON SOME TASTY GRUBS (ya ya, how do I know they are tasty)
Helloooooo JESSICA & HARRY from upstate New York. My wife Kelly is an American girl from Spencerport near Rochester. Thanks for hopping aboard our Follower's List guys, much appreciated indeed & keep those RV dreams alive for 2013:))
KELLY IS THE BOOKWORM IN THE FAMILY
So nice to have our satellite radio in the Jeep now & the channel I always listen to whether in the Jeep or the Motor Home is 073 'The Spa.' (Hey DI:)) It's all Instrumental easy listening music with many of my favorite artists like, Michael Hedges, Will Ackerman, George Winston, Andreas Vollenweider, etc. If I feel the need for speed there are many other channels to choose from with the likes of Black Sabbath, Hank Williams, Benny Goodman, Beatles, Santana, Marty Robbins or Metallica. All kinds of channels to choose from plus news channels like CNN etc.
Soooo glad to be rid of the repetitive 'generic sappy singer' radio stations that nauseatingly dominate the commercial airwaves these days. Best thing I like about the music channels is no blabbering announcers, no stupid commercials & just no human voice interference whatsoever. I like dat part da most best:)) Oh ya & Howard Stern is even on there but I wish somebody would hold his big mouth underwater for about half an hour sometime!!
YEP, KELLY SAYS, 'WINDOWS ARE DARK ENOUGH NOW FOR ME TO NOT SCARE PEDESTRIANS ANYMORE.'
FIRST BIG MOSSMAGATOR LOAD OF YARD WASTE TO THE PARK'S RE-CYCLE AREA WITH THE REFURBISHED TRAILER THIS MORNING............
The fellow who tinted our Jeep windows yesterday said not to roll the windows down for at least 3 days. Kelly knew I would have trouble remembering that so I before I headed out with the Jeep this morning she wrote out & taped a note to my hat!! Luckily I remembered to remove it when I got to Wal-Mart or else I might have ended up in one of those 'Wal-Mart Photos' you see going around on the internet these days. Actually, by the looks of my old running shoes, sleeves ripped off my shirt, grubby old baseball cap & pants with half a dozen & a half holes & paint stains on them I'm liable to find myself in those files anyway. Seems the older I'm getting, the more I'm starting to look like one of them there Redneck characters which of course reminded me of................GROANERS CORNER:((
NO WONDER I THOUGHT IT WAS FOGGY OUT THIS MORNING!!
"You know you're a redneck when......
1. You take your dog for a walk and you both use the same tree.
2. You can entertain yourself for more than 15 minutes with a fly swatter.
3. Your boat has not left the driveway in 15 years.
4. You burn your yard rather than mow it.
5. You think "The Nutcracker" is a vice on the work bench
6. The Salvation Army declines your furniture.
7. You offer to give someone the shirt off your back and they don't want it.
8. You have the local taxidermist on speed dial.
9. You come back from the dump with more than you took.
10. You keep a can of Raid on the kitchen table.
11. Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.
12. Your grandmother has "ammo" on her Christmas list.
13. You keep flea and tick soap in the shower.
14. You've been involved in a custody fight over a hunting dog.
15. You go to the stock car races and don't need a program.
16. You know how many bales of hay your car will hold.
17. You have a rag for a gas cap.
18. Your house doesn't have curtains, but your truck does.
19. You wonder how service stations keep their restrooms so clean ?
20. You can spit without opening your mouth.
21. You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.
22. Your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand.
23. You have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say "Cool Whip" on the side.
24. The biggest city you've ever been to is Wal*Mart.
25. Your working TV sits on top of your non-working TV
26. You've used your ironing board as a buffet table.
27. A tornado hits your neighborhood and does $100,000 worth of improvements.
28. You've used a toilet brush to scratch your back.
29. You missed your 5th grade graduation because you were on jury duty.
30. You think fast food is hitting a deer at 65 MPH.
And did you know that Kelly told the 'window tint' guy yesterday the real reason for getting our Jeep windows darkened was to prevent her husband from scaring people.
Tourists see the world, travelers experience it.
"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UN-AWAKENED"
OUR BLOGGER WEBSITE http://thebayfieldbunch.com/
OUR PHOTO ALBUMS http://picasaweb.google.com/stargeezerguy/
AL'S SMUG MUG PHOTO GALLERY http://stargeezer.smugmug.com/ (a work in progress)
The only thing better than right now will someday be the memories of right now...... AL.