It was 12:15 p.m. when all three of us piled into Subie and headed out of our driveway with the destination of London's Victoria Hospital in mind. We are so fortunate to be doing this when we have the weather on our side. Sure glad it's not the Winter months when we would be dealing with ice and snow, winter storms, and slippery roads. We dropped Kelly at the hospital at 1:30 and then high-tailed it across the road to the nature area behind Parkwood Hospital.
With morning sunshine beaming through our living room window it bode well for the start of another fine Spring day. A gravel road walk for Pheebs and I and we were home again. Out came my shop-vac and the Jeep's interior clean-up began. Finishing that and with a few energy units left I washed the Jeep as well. Thought about washing the Subaru but figured I had better not push my luck and save my remaining energies for the drive to London and back later.
WALKERS POND IN LONDON ONTARIO
|IT WAS OUR SECOND WALK TO THIS BENCH WHERE WE TOOK A SHORT BREAK BEFORE RETURNING BACK ALONG THE TRAIL|
|IT WAS A CLOSE CALL FOR THIS LITTLE GREEN SOLDIER GUY WHEN PHEEBS NEARLY STEPPED ON HIM...I QUICKLY RESCUED THE FELLA AND SET HIM ATOP A NEARBY PICNIC TABLE|
|HEADING BACK TO THE CAR|
|AND WE DID SEE A FEW CRITTERS ALONG THE WAY|
|WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT DAD??|
|A GNARLY OLD STUMP|
|AND TO THINK THAT A MONTH AGO AT THIS TIME WHEN WE WERE HERE THERE WAS NOT A LEAF TO BE SEEN ON THOSE SHRUBS AND TREES|
|LOOKING UP THROUGH THE SUNROOF AT THE PRETTY BLOSSOMS ABOVE US|
|YES WE ENDED UP WITH A NUMBER OF PINK PETALS IN THE CAR|
|'YAAAAY' HERE COMES MOM|
|PICKING OUR WAY THROUGH THE CONSTRUCTION ZONE FOR THE ADELAIDE STREET UNDERPASS|
|KIND OF REMINDS ME OF A&W MANY DECADES AGO WHEN THE GOOD LOOKING GIRLS BROUGHT ORDERS OUT ON ROLLER SKATES|
GROANER'S CORNER:(( I asked my boss, "Can I get a couple of weeks off for Christmas?" "It's May," he said. I said, "Sorry. May I get a couple of weeks off for Christmas?"
- I don't own a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into!
- my ex-wife still misses me but her aim is getting better!
- The annoying crow who wouldn't shut up lost its job. Why? Well, there was just caws.
- I'm an expert at picking leaves and heating them in water. It's my special tea.
- I swapped my wife's lipstick with super glue. She's still not talking to me
- We’ve been letting our six-year-old go to sleep listening to the radio, and I’m beginning to wonder if it’s a good idea. Last night he said his prayers and wound up with: “And God bless Mommy, Daddy, and baby Sister. Amen......and FM!”