Pheebs and I slipped up to Goderich and back under cool cloudy skies this morning. It was our routine route with all the usual stops.
|TREES ARE BEGINNING TO TAKE ON A BARE LOOK|
|LOOKS LIKE A FLAT TIRE AND THEY ARE CALLING A TOW TRUCK|
|CANADA GEESE ALONG LAKE HURON'S SHORELINE|
|OUR RED BUD TREE STILL HAS MOST OF IT'S LEAVES|
|ONE OF THE LAST SPLASHES OF COLOR IN OUR FRONT YARD|
|OUR HOSTAS ARE DEFINITELY DONE FOR THE SEASON|
Reasons Why The English Language Is Hard To Learn
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
13) They were too close to the door to close it.
14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18) After a number of injections my jaw got number.
19) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
20) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
21) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
A priest was sent to a very small church in the backwoods of Alaska. After a couple of years the Bishop decided to pay the priest a visit to see how he was doing. The priest said that it was a really lonely job and that he didn't think that he could have made it without his Rosary and two martinis each day. With that the priest said to the Bishop, "Would you like to have a martini with me?" The Bishop said, "Yes, that would be nice." The priest turned around and hollered toward the kitchen, "Rosary, would you fix us two martinis please?"